Tech Note: How To Setup Redport Glow Tracking for FollowingSea
The Redport Glow can be configured to send position tracking information to FollowingSea Yacht Location Tracker.
- Customer must first create an account with FollowingSea at https://followingsea.net/
- Redport Glow must be activated with a valid Iridium Service plan. Go150+(Go! Unlimited) plan highly recommended
Part 1: FollowingSea Setup Steps
- Login to FollowingSea account
- Click on name in upper right corner for menu and select Profile
- On Profile Page, select Location Tracker/Blog Tab
- Enable the Tracker/Blog Feature (if not already enabled)
- Once enabled, scroll down and click on "Send Automatic Position Reports via Iridium Go!"
- In the body of the text, locate the email@example.com email address, you will need this to configure the Redport Glow in the next step.
- If you want others to see your track, ensure the "Private" box is UNCHECKED.
Part 2: Redport Glow Setup Steps
- Connect to Glow WiFi or Narwhal WiFi network
- Login to Glow Interface at http://192.168.10.1/ with username superadmin, password webxaccess
- Click on the "Services" menu item, then "GPS Tracking" on the sub-menu
- Check the "Enable Tracking" box
- Set Provider to "GSatTrack"
- Set Tracking Interval to "60" minutes
- Leave the entire next section unchecked
- In the bottom section labelled Tracking via SMS..
- Check the box for Iridium terminal/Aurora/MCG-101
- For recipient email address, enter the firstname.lastname@example.org email address you gathered from Part 1
- Enter the name of your vessel in Vessel Name box
- Click Save and Apply.
- The first position report will be sent after a few minutes.
The configuration is now complete!
Tech Note: Unable to send/receive SMS messages with Redport Glow
Redport Glow problems can be caused by a few things... Step 1: Double check that Xgate App is configured correctly and messages are being composed correctly. Reference Article: Placing Calls and Sending Texts in Xgate Phone with Redport Glow ...
Installing Iridium Go!, Iridium Mail, Xgate, Xweb, XGate Phone Apps on Android without Play Store
Having Trouble Installing the Iridium and/or Xgate apps on your Android Phone? Unfortunately, neither Iridium nor Pivotel, seem particularly interested in maintaining the software apps they have for Iridium Go, Glow, Redport Optimizer, Xgate, and ...
Quick Start Guide: Sea-Tech WiFi Extender Package
Quick Start Guide for Sea-Tech Systems Wi-Fi Extender Kit Wi-Fi Extender Kit Contents: 2.4Ghz Only Kits: Wi-Fi Extender: Wave Wifi Rogue Reach or Rogue Pro POE Injector AC Power Adapter DC Power Adapter 25ft Ethernet cable (pre-attached on Rogue ...
Iridium Go Flex Plans - Quick Start
Applies To White Pivotel SIMs with Purple Accents (SIM# starting with 89615000...) Before Using Your Iridium GO! Please Ensure: The SIM is installed, the battery is charged. The Iridium GO! is outside with the swivel antenna raised to the upright ...
Iridium Handheld Flex Plans - Quick Start
Applies to: White Pivotel SIMs with Purple Accents (SIM# starting with 896188000...) National Calls To make a standard national call within the United States simply, enter +1 <area code> <phone number>. For example, to call the 206-792-9540 Sea-Tech ...