How To: Upgrading the Iridium Go Firmware to v.2.1.22 (Oct 2021)
Performing the Iridium Go Firmware Upgrade
The following steps should be used to upgrade an Iridium GO!® from version 1.0.66 or later.
Step 1: Downloading the latest Iridium GO! firmware
- Go to www.iridiumgo.com/update and save the file to your desktop
- Alternate download location: https://www.dropbox.com/s/r9httebquf4p52d/maxwell-2.1.22.frm?dl=0
- Release Notes also available here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/jmc5w06rydxaa3d/2.1.22_release_notes.pdf?dl=0
Step 2: Turning on the Iridium GO! device
- Raise the antenna to an upright position
- Wait for the device to power up (takes approx. 1 min) to begin registration with the Iridium network
Step 3: Charging the battery (highly recommended)
- Open USB cover and firmly plug in the USB cable that is already connected to AC plug or car charger
Step 4: Checking firmware version on Iridium GO! device
- Press either left or right navigation button for menu to appear
- Press “NEXT” button until you get to “INFORMATION” option
- Press “SELECT”
- Note the SSID number and f/w (firmware) version
Step 5: Connecting your laptop/computer to the Iridium GO! Advanced Features Portal via Wi-Fi
- Look for the SSID number (you noted down in step 4), in the lists of Wi-Fi networks available on your computer/laptop
- Connect your laptop/computer to this Wi-Fi network (SSID)
- Open a web browser using the latest version of either Chrome, Firefox or IE
- Enter 192.168.0.1 in the address bar and press enter
- Login with an administrator account, the Username & Password are set to “guest” by default and press enter
Step 6: Navigating the “Iridium Go! Advanced Features Portal”
- Go to the “SYSTEM” tab
- Click on “Choose File” and select the firmware file you saved on your desktop
- Click on upgrade, and wait until the progress/status bar reaches 100% completion
Note: This should take approximately 10-15 minutes. While firmware upgrade is in progress, do not navigate away from this page. Upon completion, the device will automatically restart: This will take approximately 2 minutes.
- New progress bar will appear below the firmware upgrade to indicate that the unit is restarting
- If the device has lost Wi-Fi connection, ensure to reconnect (follow Step 5)
Step 7: Checking the firmware version on Iridium GO!
- Follow Step 4
Ensure that the Firmware version is now updated to 2.1.22
iOS Users should ALSO download the latest Iridium Go app version (v.1.6.33 or higher) through the App Store to completely resolve the timestamps issue.
Source: Iridium Go Release Notes and Firmware Upgrade Instructions Document v.2.1.22
How To: Upgrading the Iridium Go Firmware to v.2.1.8 (Oct 2018)
Performing the Iridium Go Firmware Upgrade There is a newer release available. Click here to go to the instructions for 2.1.22 (Oct 2021) The following steps should be used to upgrade an Iridium GO!® from version 1.0.66 or later. Step 1: Downloading ...
Iridium GO!® iOS App Update v1.6.33
An new update is now available for the Iridium GO!® App for iOS devices iOS Iridium Go! App version 1.6.33 Changes: Fixes timestamp displayed in application It is strongly recommended that the update be performed as soon as possible. To completely ...
Iridium GO!® iOS App Update v1.6.21
A new update is now available for the Iridium GO!® App for iOS devices iOS Iridium Go! App version 1.6.21 Changes: Fixes the SMS threading issue, where the texts were being dated one day in future as the app was not accounting for leap years Allows ...
New firmware release for the Iridium Extreme® PTT, Iridium Extreme® and Iridium 9555 phones.
Applies To: Iridium Extreme PTT: Firmware version HP21001 Iridium Extreme: Firmware version HL21001 Iridium 9555: Firmware version HT21001 Note: This firmware supports Iridium 9555A phones with model number IRID0015. Support for Iridium 9555 ...
Iridium GO!® iOS App Update v1.6.28
A new update is now available for the Iridium GO!® App for iOS devices iOS Iridium Go! App version 1.6.28 Changes: Added support for iOS 14.5 Removed Twitter as Twitter no longer supports SMS from Satellite numbers It is strongly recommended that the ...